Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
For 2009, I'm doing a knitalong with the Stash Knit down group in Ravelry : it is a small project club. I've put yarn in bags, along with the name of a pattern that I think will fit the yarn. I have about 20 bags, and when I feel the need to cast on, I'll just grab a bag and surprise myself! That should be fun, and should keep me playing with the stash, not buying new things.
I'm making progress on the sleeves of Forestry. I'm getting more and more concerned that I'll run out of yarn for the button band. We'll see. I figure I can do it in a different color if it's really bad. I plan to sew the Gathered pullover tomorrow morning, which is something I've been putting off for months now. Lord I hate sewing.
I've also gotten started on my SKA project : a pair of Thuja socks for my BF, he who has huge feet. I'm making good progress on the cuff, but I'm dreading the insanely long feet!
Friday, December 26, 2008
- Knit mittens! I have a kit for thrummed mittens, and I have plenty of yarn for colowork mittens. Can't wait to get to it in 2009. I've knit two pairs of fingerless mitts, and I have no use for them. The weather here is just too cold for bare fingers.
- Knit more accessories. I love smaller projects.
- Don't force myself to knit sweaters. It sometimes feel like I should, because it is the mark of a more-than-beginner knitter, but really I barely wear the ones I made. I think one or two big projects this year should be enough.
- Buy smaller amounts of yarn, no sweater quantities : linked to goal number 3!
- Do Summer of socks again! SO MUCH FUN!
- And finally, I want to do a yarn bank : for every skein I buy, a skein has to be knit or leave my stash. I don't feel like expanding my stash much past 40000 yards (I'm at 37000 now), and I want to have fun with the yarn I have NOW, not always lust about other things. I also need to introduce a little more bulky, a little less fingering!
- Last goal : do a sweater for my mom for her 60th birthday... in April!
I hope all of you had a lovely holiday time. During my time off, I want to sow my Gathered pull, finish a sock and get through all of the sleeves of Forestry. Should be doable, especially with football watching sunday!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
- 6 skeins of Berocco Foliage : I might redo a Cozy V neck with it.
- 10 skeins of Mitchell Alpaca-silk : A Flutter-Sleeve from the last IK?
- 7 Cascade 220 superwash in green : A hoodie, for sure.
- 2.5 cascade 220 brownish : Retro redux shrug
- 6 skeins of Cotton-ease Berry : A tee
- 8 skeins of merino style : no clue!
- Patons Grace : Accidently on purpose drop-stitch tee from SnB
- 17 skeins of Shamrock : Emerald, if gauge works the way I think
- 6 red Ella Rae :a sienna cardigan
- 5 purple Ella Rae : no clue. Was for a Everest vest, but looked awful
That's pretty much it. I'm knitting a leafy shrug from Phildar with some cascade 220, it's a fun knit. Finished the back today, 4 pieces to do. I think this will be a winner.