Friday, November 30, 2007

Knitting plateau

I'm hitting a knitting plateau! I'm really tired of doing my gift knitting. I had big plans to knit for everyone on my list but yeah, that's not gonna happen. I limited gifts to my side of the family : I have socks for my mom, dad,and grandpa. 5 of the 6 socks are done, and I'm motoring along the feet of the last one. I still have to do a hot bottle cover for my grandma, finish a stocking for a relative and a hat for my brother. I tried knitting a Marsan watchcap in Swish superwash. Didn't work. I got so frakking tired of twisting stitches I could have screamed, and I ended up with a hat that was too short. Frogged it gleefully, knit some socks for dad with the yarn and bought some Patons merino for a new hat, maybe a cabled one.

I'm starting to cometo terms with the fact that I now have a stash... I used to find big stashes stupid, but now that I have multiple boxes full of yarn, I can't mock anymore. I'm considering getting rid of some of it at the next garage sale, mostly acrylics I don't think I'll use. I also bought tons of baby yarns, when I taught I was about to be an aunt. As life happens, there was no baby, but still tons of yarn.

I'm dreaming of knitting only for myself. Just a fewe weeks to go!

No comments: