Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm in love with a thrummed mitten...



I've been thinking about thrummed mittens for a while. The concept intrigued me, and about a year ago, I bought a Fleece Artist mitten kit from Mouliné. Well, I finally garnered my courage and decided to get to it. It is SO MUCH FUN! I just laugh when I look at my finished mitten : It's like having sheep on my hands. So pretty, and so warm.


I'm 4 skeins down for my yarn bank, and I have 4 balls in progress in different projects. I'm saving up for a yarn crawl, either in Montreal or when we will be on vacation in Ottawa next month. I'm getting a swift and ball winder for my birthday, which I am really excited about.


I picked the first one of my surprise projects (well, I got my boyfriend to pick it). It's 4 skeins of Louisa Harding Kimono Angora that I got in a swap : I planned a cowl and a beret with it. The colors are a lot worse knitted than in the ball, so I'm not sure how much I'll wear this. It is insanely soft, but it sheds like crazy and the yarn breaks at the slightest pressure. Not a fan!


2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Bonjour! I just dropped over from Ravelry to see your Thrummed Mittens. I too want to try making a pair sometime soon - yours are so full and fluffy!

I love your "surprise" project - what a great idea!

Skippydou said...

Bonjour, tu peux m'informer où je peux trouver l'info sur comment faire ces mitaines, c'est génial et comme ça doit être chaud!