Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Stress be gone

The big nameless work project is mostly done (thanks heavens!) and I'm feeling the stress go down slowly. I can't wait to go back to working regular hours and having real days off. it will help me get back on track with life in general.


I'm knitting a pair of socks, probably for my mom, in confetti 100. It's a great sock yarn, my favorite of the 4 I've tried (Regia, Sockenwolle and Knitpicks Memories). It's superwash, it holds its shape real well, and it is a good medium between too soft and too itchy... Plus, it's really cheap! I will certainly buy more of it! I have still a few sock yarns to go through : Austermann Step, Confetti 100 cotton, some more Memories, Phildar Hobby, Trekking XXl, Fleece artist and phildar preface. I'm not planning on buying any sockyarn soon! the men in my family have asked for worsted weight socks, so I'm going to do a few of those for the holidays.


I'm also doing a huge christmas stocking for my cousin's daugther. It is in a really nasty yarn, Phentex Chunky... If I ever get into a fight with a yarn snob, I just have to throw this at her and she will fall dead on the spot! It's just so plastic like. I don't mind it so much, it knits relatively well and since it is bulky, I'm making good speed. After that, I'm not sure what to start. Xmas gifts or maybe a cardigan for me? As long as I Have some time to knit peacefully and am not stressed out, everything's fine.


A croquette shot for the end... she's soo adorable!

No comments: